Museums Liverpool – Walker Art Gallery
From Burne-Jones to Banksy, fantastic changing exhibitions and a dedicated children’s gallery… all for free
The Walker Art Gallery, in Liverpool has beautiful paintings, sculpture and decorative art from the 13th century to the present day.
The Walker Art Gallery in Liverpool has one of the most impressive collections of fine and decorative art in Europe and is renowned for the depth of its Renaissance and Pre-Raphaelite collections. It is home to outstanding works by Rubens, Rembrandt, Poussin and Gainsborough and Rossetti.
Baby changing and prams
There are baby changing facilities on the first floor.
Prams can be stored in the ground floor cloakroom.
Things to see and do
- The Big Art for Little Artists gallery on the ground floor is designed specially for children and is very popular.
- Check the ‘What’s on’ listings for family-friendly activities to do at the gallery.
- Our monthly Family enewsletter has details of our free family exhibitions, events and activities. Sign up through our register with us page.
In the gallery
- Assistance dogs are welcome.
- There are two wheelchairs available to borrow on request at the information desk.
- The building is accessed via a ramp to the right of the main entrance and there is a lift for access to the first floor.
- There are wheelchair accessible toilets on the ground floor.
Group leaders wanting to organise sessions for visitors with special needs should contact our education team on 0151 478 4788.
Williamson Brown Street, Liverpool
0151 207 0001